Followers

Monday, May 16, 2011

A Kuan Yin Meditation on Oneness

I’m just going to see what Kuan Yin has to say. I just want to see if she has a specific message and/or a specific audience, even if it is just for one person. I’ll just wait for her response.”

“Sit with me in divine faith and believe in me. And I’ll be there. This goes for all beings,” greets Kuan Yin.

“I’m feeling Kuan Yin has an important message but I don’t know how to articulate it. It’s something very powerful but simple. I just need to sit with Kuan Yin to understand.”

There ensues a long silence as Lena attempts to decipher the information being presented by Kuan Yin:

“It’s an interesting dichotomy”, continues Lena; “trying to grapple with one’s dilemma about being in the material world. Kuan Yin is telling me that instead of seeing things and events separately, we should perceive them as part of the whole. Conversely, she is saying we also forget to notice the little things, a single stone or grain of sand. So, the existential question is: when to notice the little things and when to see things as a whole. A powerful meditation when contemplating the Oneness of everything is to find something’s unique qualities. For instance, observe an island’s wholeness and then the uniqueness of a single stone. Westerners are dealing with this dichotomy on a grand scale. Kuan Yin wants me to emphasize that Her meditation is simple but powerful. It’s like physical exercise. One can practice it just once a day or as often as one likes. Other examples to meditate upon besides an island and an individual stone on the island beach are faces in a crowd or a leaf on a tree. Each person in the crowd is, naturally, unique and yet, at that same moment, part of the whole. The same is true for leaves on the trees. Practicing this deceptively easy meditation helps each of us to see reality.

When Kuan Yin refers to reality, she really means truth, the importance of life. Some may need to practice distancing themselves from materialism while others may need to become more grounded in the material world. This meditation can, when properly implemented, balance these two types of people."

No comments: